Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Countdown to defense

So I submitted my thesis and now the clock is ticking. My committee members have one month to plan their attack. I have one month to plan my defense.

In the picture above is one of my favorite professors and committee members. He’s one of those scientists who always has something interesting going on in his lab as well as anywhere - from Thailand to Vietnam to Kenya to Mongolia. He is a most excellent guy and I’m really lucky to have him on my committee.

But he is also a formidable committee member. His training and extensive experience is in quantitative genetics and statistics – two of my weakest points. He is not easily convinced or surprised by any argument. Right now I am going over each statistic in my thesis, piece by piece, in preparation for him. It could be brutal you understand.

I should also mention that his reaction of nonchalance in this photo would be considered – typical.

- Just a peasant

Sorry if the photo is a bit grainy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous aussie said...

all the best, hope this comment isn't too late @-@

9:57 PM  
Anonymous just a peasant said...

You're not late at all and thank you :)

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home (ホームページ)