Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fight (ファイト)

We don’t need belts or grades in Thai boxing. There are really only two levels of Thai fighter: the one standing and the one not standing.” - as I was instructed once by a fight trainer from Thailand

For all these years, no matter where I go, I still manage to do some sort of Thai boxing or MMA. But the real question is why do I continue to subject myself to such a beating on a weekly basis even if I’m no longer young? Why do I continue taking kicks to the legs, shots to the face, knees to the gut, and elbows to the head?

Because it’s a constant reminder – to me - to keep fighting no matter what happens in life.

No matter how hard things get – no matter how much pain there is – no matter how far there is to go - no matter how much blood is on the floor : count to 8 and get back up.

And I have no intention of quitting anytime soon.

- Just a peasant

Photo of my basic Thai equipment which still follows me wherever I go

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kicks to the legs, shots to the face, knees to the gut, and elbows to the head...

oh man... even reading this hurts! ouch ouch ouch

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing my pain! :)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home (ホームページ)