Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Putting out Vigor (元気を出して) with Misaki Ito (伊東美咲)

My Japanese is just not good enough so I apologize ahead of time if anything I say here is incorrect.

There is a new, three-part TV show - Putting out Vigor (元気を出して) - with Misaki Ito (伊東美咲). It seems to have aired in October of 2008. As to the content of the show I am a little uncertain on this but the show seems to be based on the theme of a musical composition. I think it has something to do with different approaches to life and love with people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. If you go through the links there are some pictures and an interview with Misaki Ito. Here is a direct link to shots from the show. If you go here, you can find the 2nd episode with Misaki Ito. It's not translated so it's a good time to practice listening skills for Japanese. I can't believe I lost my Japanese dictionary!
And yes, I know there are a lot of other actors on the show but, on this blog - she is just that awesome!

As for the photo above, it is not from the new show but from her appearance at the Sex and the City movie premier in New York. X marks the spot. I think she really - really - likes this wedding dress. Maybe she’s trying to give a hint to her boyfriend or something. HaHaHa. Okay, just joking – it’s none of my business. But she does look quite excellent.

- Just a peasant