Saturday, January 03, 2009

Fallout 3 - I love it!

Fallout 3 is awesome! I spent so many hours playing this RPG-FPS from the very first day it came out. My real world productivity declined as my characters roamed the nuclear wasteland of the Washington, DC area. I skipped real world meals as my characters sustained themselves on radioactive water and insect ‘meat’. I completely lost track of time while my characters scrounged the post-apocalyptic ruins for any trace of ammunition. My real world dreams were filled with VATS combat and bloody explosions. This is what a video game is supposed to be. It was totally worth it! I bought both the regular edition then went and got the special edition with the lunch box and bobble head you see above.

This game is by Bethesda Softworks, the makers of Oblivion, which is also really great though a completely different genre and setting. But what’s amusing to me is that I just can’t play an evil character. My characters have to always do the ‘right thing’ - help people not hurt them etc. etc. However, in Fallout 3 this is good because I kept gaining positive karma which influences other things in the game.

I give it a 92 out of a 100. (I subtracted 5 points because Misaki Ito (伊東美咲) is not in the game. What did I tell you people?!!).

- Just a peasant

My Vault-Tec boy bobble head pictured above. If you play the game you’ll realize the significance of the bobble head dolls.