Friday, July 13, 2012

It was time


Medical school was pretty expensive and so I left.  I think I made the correct decision since I was only an average student anyway.  I had a hard time seeing how I could ever excel at being a doctor.  I also spent too much time staring out at the ocean and thinking how short this life is.  C’est la vie. 
At any rate, it was a good experience but I must now pursue a new path.  I have been toying with the idea of starting a biotech company. Hmmm . . . some interesting ideas.  We’ll see.   More importantly, I really want to travel to a new place. A friend wanted me to go to Turkey and start an English school with him.  That sounded interesting. 
A couple of people were concerned with whether I was okay with the decision to leave medical school.  Of course I am.  One has to understand that the fact I am here today – still alive – is a very cool thing.  I’m happy that I even have to trouble myself over such small matters.
- Just a peasant
Photo from the Oregon coast 2012

6 Comments:

Anonymous girl on the run said...

Such a decision takes courage, so congratulations on that. Btw Turkey is a beautiful country in full bloom.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous just a peasant said...

Thank you girl on the run! I hope you are doing well.

4:16 AM  
Anonymous hellopoponta said...

You are here, and that's all that matters to me.

#Turkey? And here I was making gallons of plum and shiso cordials last month so that when you do come to visit Japan, you'll be able to enjoy them. Shame...

Ayano xxx.

1:02 AM  
Anonymous just a peasant said...

Thank you Ayano.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Hiva said...

You have such a free spirit :)
I don't know why but you remind of Richard in Messiah story by RIchard Bach.
Where ever you go I wish you the best. I always enjoy reading your blog, very peaceful and calming.
Ah I found it " sufi". you look like a kind of "Sufi" :):)

12:26 PM  
Anonymous just a peasant said...

Hmmm - A Sufi? That's sounds pretty cool! I like it. Thank you Hiva!

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home (ホームページ)