Thursday, October 04, 2007

Dark House of Myanmar

In Myanmar, everything is still relatively dark. The government, like any husband that violently beats his wife and children, keeps the curtains closed so others cannot see its true nature; its own hideousness and hypocrisy. A dark house has dark secrets.

But we are jaded and our imaginations quickly fill in the gaps even as witnesses disappear. And now we know for sure, that beneath the beauty of Burma lies an incredible ugliness.

- Just a peasant

Photo of two towers Chedi Burma by Ken McColl at PBase

3 Comments:

Blogger Artemis said...

I just hope she's not writing in her real name.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have a bad feeling that she's not so hard to identify.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Scotland Barr & the Slow Drags.

I think these gents are definitely talented enough to go far.

One thing I like about them is I can't pin them down and say "They sound just like." In various songs, I hear shades of Beatles, Dylan, Waits, etc.

They need good promoter and a killer single. It might be worth finding a good film student, making a cool video and putting it on YouTube.

They should shoot for a slot at SXSW.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home (ホームページ)