Saturday, April 01, 2006

Doublethink for the New American Century


“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.” – George Orwell

I myself try to ignore the politicians and their mewing herds, but over at One Pissed Off Veteran, who loves to scrap and rumble with them, I was clued in to quite the insult of common sense and reason.

"We support democracy, but that doesn't mean we have to support governments that get elected as a result of democracy,” - George W. Bush (Full article here)

Every year, my love for politicians grows like a flesh-eating, Streptococcus infection. How I worship the intellectual mince-meat of their brains. How I adore the cyanotic humanity of their hearts. And of my own leader, only cheers for uttering what will probably be the top quote of the entire 21st century even though we are only in the first decade. Never since the poor, defunct Australopithecus roamed the ancient lands of Africa, has a ruler demonstrated a similar capacity, wisdom and forbearance as he.

But sir, one question about your statement: when a government is brought to the front by its own people yet you do not prefer to have it, what then will happen? Oh yes, forgive me, I forgot - SMACK DOWN! As it always has been and always must be.

Sir, the foundation of your character is indeed timeless.
Photo from the Peace Witness website